- Rava – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1 cup
- Milk – 4 cups
- Sugar – 5 cups
- Cardamom – few
- Chopped Dry Fruits – as needed
- Mix the rava, ghee, milk and sugar together and cook in slow flame.
- Like mysore pak, it will start leaving the kadai.
- Transfer it on greased plate, add cardamom and cut into desired shapes.
- Garnish with the chopped dry fruits and rave cake is ready to serve.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.