- Chana Dal-200 grams
- Tomatoes-2 small
- Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida (Hing)-1 pinch
- Cumin seeds (jeera)-1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder (dhania powder)-1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil-1 tablespoon
- Coriander Leaves few
- Water-2 cups
- In a pressure cooker, add chana dal, water, salt & half of the turmeric powder & pressure cook for the time as required by the respective pressure cooker for the dal.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add hing & as it starts to crackle add cumin seeds.
- As cumin seeds start to crackle, add tomatoes to it & then add rest of the turmeric powder.
- As the mixture starts leaving oil, add dhania powder, red chilli powder, salt & mix well.
- Add dal to the pan & cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- When the dal appears cooked, switch off the flame & garnish with coriander leaves.
- Now Chana dal is ready to serve.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.