Every day during the utsavam, routine homam will be held in the morning and evening amid Veda and Divya Prabhandh parayanam. The procession of Sri Prahaladha Varadhan with His consorts also arranged on November 6 (Sunday) at 5pm.
Please contact the Mutt Office on 022-25287183 and 022-25280249 for ubhayam and other information.
About the temple
In 1951, the 42nd Jeeyar(the Head of the Ahobila Mutt),arranged for the purchase of two plots in Chembur with an area of 1414 square yards and in May 1952, an additional plot measuring 652 square yards. In 1968, the Temple cum Kalyana Mandapam (Marriage Hall) came up in an incredibly short time and enabled His Holiness Srivan Satakopa Sri Vedanta Desika Yatindra Mahadesika,(the 44th Jeeyar of Sri Ahobila Mutt), to have it’s consecration (Samprokshanam) on 25th August, 1968.
The Temple cum Hall Complex consists of a temple with 3 stone archa-vigrahas (Moola Murthies) of Lord Sri Lakshmi Nrisimha, the presiding deity of the Mutt, in the centre, with Lord Sri Lakshmi Narayana on His left and Lord Sri Lakshmi Hayagriva, the Lord of Wisdom, on His right. This is one of the few Temples in India to have three Moola Murthies in one Sanctum Sanctorum (Sannidhi). In the Praharam, there are archa-vigraha of Srinivasa (Balaji), Jwala Nrisimha, Guruvayurappan (Lord Krishna) and Suryanarayana. Outside the temple, are archa-vigrahas of Garuda and Hanuman. The temple is adorned with a small Gopuram and Vimanam called VIJAYADWAJA VIMANAM.
The Sannidhi also has exquisite Utsava Murthies (archa-vigrahas which are to be taken out in procession) of Lord Sri Prahalada Varada with his consorts SriDevi and BhooDevi, Andal, Sri Sudarsana, Sri Ramanuja, Sri Vedanta Desika, Sri Adivan Satakopan, Nammalvar and silver archa-vigrahas of Sri Jwala Nrisimha and Selvan.