Rava (Sooji) – 2 teaspoons
Ghee -2 teaspoon
Milk – 3 cups
Sugar – as needed
1. In a kadai melt 1 teaspoon of ghee and fry the rava .
2. Do not allow to change colour.
3. In a vessel, add half a cup of water to the rava along with the milk and let it cook.
4. Boil for a few minutes. Take care and do not let the milk boil over.
5. Add sugar and boil until sugar melts.
6. Remove from fire.
7. Add cardamom powder and raisins.
8. Fry cashew nut pieces in ghee and add it to the payasam.
9. You can mash saffron in milk and add it too.
Delicious rava payasam is now ready to be served to the Lord.
Do not take too much rava as it will make the payasam too thick.
The quantity of milk can be increased or lessened according to your taste.