Raw peanuts – 2 cup
Corn flour- 1 cup
Rice flour – 1 cup
Red Chili powder – 1 tsp
Hing – ¼ tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Mix the corn flour, rice flour , red chili powder, Asafetida(Hing), peanuts and salt. Sprinkle very little water and mix well. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat.
- A small bit of batter dropped into the hot oil bubbles and rises to the top immediately. Then add the batter-coated peanuts, piece by piece (or by the handful), adding as many as the wok can hold at one time.
- Deep fry the peanuts in hot oil till they turn crispy and golden brown color.
- Repeat with the remaining peanuts. Transfer to paper towels to drain the excess oil. Let cool and store in an airtight container and serve as a snack.
Source: Sadhana’s Kitchen