Ragi also known as finger millet or red millet is commonly used for dosas.
- 2 cups ragi flour or sprouted ragi flour
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 cup curd
- take the ragi flour or sprouted ragi flour in a bowl or pan.
- add the dessicated coconut to it.
- add water to the mixture and start to mix everything well.
- the batter should be slightly thin than the regular dosa batter. keep this batter covered for 30 minutes.
- on a mediumly hot tava or griddle pour the batter with a help of a ladle and spread it slowly.
- sprinkle some oil/butter/ghee on top. flip and cook the other side. cook the way you cook dosas at home.
- serve the ragi dosa with any vegetable dish, sambar, dal or any chutney.
1. If some one does not like the sourness in the curd, add milk instead of curd.
2. you could even add rice flour or besan (gram flour) to the ragi flour. but keep this mixture for 30-45 mins before making the dosa.
3. you could also add green chillies, ginger and some sesame seeds to the ragi dosa to make it more wholesome and spicier.
Prep Time: 30 minutes; Cook Time: 25 minutes; Total Time: 55 minutes; Yield: 10-12 dosa; Serving Size: 4