Rice flour – 1 cup
Besan flour – 3 cup
Urdh dhal powder – 3 tbsp.
Unsalted Butter – 3 tbsp.
Red chili powder – 1 tsp. (according to taste)
Asafetida powder – ¼ tsp.
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp.
Crushed Black pepper – ½ tsp.
Salt to taste
Water – 1 cup
Cooking oil for deep frying
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. The stove heat should be in medium flame.
- Combing all above ingredients expect water and oil. Gradually add water to make it a stiff dough, adding extra water if required.
- Grease the Sev Press with oil. Fill in the dough into the press.
- Press out thin strips of the dough into the hot oil. Only press in enough to cover the oil.
- Fry it till becomes golden brown, strain the excess oil in a paper towel, let it cool.
- Press the remaining batches of the dough in the similar manner.
- Cool the entire ribbon Pakoda and store in an air tight containers.