- Red Beans/ Rajma/ kidney beans – 1/2 cup
- Tomato puree 1/2 cup
- Atta(wheat flour) 2-3 cups
- Green chillies 5-8
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Soak Red beans overnight in 3 cups of water.
- Cook in 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles.
- Mash cooked red beans and add atta (wheat flour), tomato puree, finely chopped green chillies, red chilli powder and salt to it.
- Knead into soft dough and keep covered for 15-30 minutes.
- Make chapattis/paratas out of it and serve with fresh yogurt.
How to make Chapattis/parathas:
- Divide the kneaded dough into big lemon sized balls.
- Roll out each portion into 10 inch sized discs sprinkling wheat flour if needed.
- Heat flat pan. when it becomes hot, place one paratha.
- Cook one side of paratha until u see little bubbles underneath.
- Turn on other side, add little oil to first cooked side.
- Turn again and add little oil to second cooked side.
- Serve hot.