Big Carrots 4 – 6 nos
Half and Half milk– ½ liter (Very thick milk)
Sugar – 2 cups
Ghee – 5 tbsp
Nuts – ½ cup
Green cardamom powder – ½ tsp
Saffron – 2 pinches
Orange color – 2 drops
- Wash,. peel and grate the carrots.
- Sauté grated carrots in ghee for 5 minutes.
- Add half and half milk, saffron, cardamom powder and cook it in the pressure cooker for 3 whistles.
- Take out the carrot from pressure cooker and smash it well.If required add milk to control consistency.
- Cook it in the medium flame.
- Cook until the milk evaporates and carrots are cooked. Add sugar, color and cook for two to three minutes or till sugar melts and mixes well. Stir continuously. Garnish with nuts.
- If you want to serve hot, sprinkle 1 tsp of ghee over it. And if you want to serve cold serve with one scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
Source: Sadhana’s Madapalli