- * 3 tbsp Ghee
- * 3 Beetroots (medium)
- * 2 cups Sugar
- * 6 cups Milk
- * 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- * 2 pinches Nutmeg powder
- * Dryfruits of your choice
1. Wash and cut the top and bottom of Beetroot (peel of the skin if needed) and grate it.
2. Heat ghee in heavy bottom pan or pressure cooker, add grated beetroot and fry for 5-6 mins. then add milk to cover the beetroot (add more that 6 cups if needed).
3. Let it be cooked for 1/2 hrs. or put in pressure cooker and cook it until 3-4 whistles.
4. Then add sugar. You can add condensed milk if you want in that case cut the amount of sugar to half or add more if u like it sweet.
5. Let it cook until all the milk is absorbed and sugar is dissolved, about 1/2 hrs.
6. Add caradmom powder, nutmeg powder and dryfruits and serve it hot or cold.