- 15 turmeric leaves
For outer covering
- 2 cups brown rice/rosematta(washed and soaked for 5 hrs)
- salt to taste
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 1/2 cup jaggery
- few tablespoons of water (optional)
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
3. Apply the rice dough on the turmeric leaves, flatten it with your wet hands.
4. Place the sweet filling on the dough.
5. Fold the leaf.
6.Place it in a hot idli steamer, repeat the same with other leaves.Steam for 45 minutes.
7. Take off the flame, remove the dumpling from turmeric leaves and serve with homemade ghee.