- Fenugreek/Methi leaves – Vendaya Keerai – 1 bunch
- Red gram dal – Thuvaram parupu – 1 cup
- Tomato – Thakkali – 1 no. ( Medium size)
- Green chillies – Pachai milagai – 2 nos.
- Mustard seeds – Kadugu – 1 tea spoon
- Black gram dal – Ulutham Parupu – 1 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil for seasoning
- Clean, wash and cut methi leaves and keep it ready.
- Wash and keep red gram dal in pressure cooker along with green leaves (Methi), tomatoes chopped, green chillies cut into small pieces, salt. Add water and boil it for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds, black gram dal and mix it to green leaves.
Fenugreek leaves smash are ready to be served. It can be served with rice. It can be served for 2 people. It requires 20 minutes to cook.
Note: Fenugreek leaves have to be washed 2 to 3 times.
Optional: Red chillies can be added instead of green chillies.