1 cup fresh mango pulp
1 teaspoon lime zest (peel)
1 teaspoon lime juice
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon corn starch
- Peel and slice the mango and scrape out the pulp from the seed.
- Mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Boil heavy cream, cornstarch mix, and sugar over medium-high heat. Stir continuously otherwise cornstarch will become lumpy.
- After cream mix comes to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low, and then cook for an addition 2 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Mix in mango pulp, lime juice, and lime zest to the cream mix.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl or container to freeze; the container should not be very deep.
- After about 2 hours remove the ice cream from the freezer and mix it until its smooth, this will give it a creamy texture.
- At this point you can choose to freeze the ice cream in the same bowl or freeze the ice cream in individual serving cups.
- Ice cream will take 6 to 8 hours to freeze.