Rava -1 cup
Milk and Water-2-3 cups
Sugar- 1.5 cups
Almonds, Cashew nuts and raisins -3 tbsp (fried in ghee)
Orange edible food color- a pinch
Kaseri color – ¼ tsp
Ghee- 1/2 cup
Cardamom- 4 to 5(well crushed)
- Roast the Rava for two minutes with a tablespoon of ghee.
- Boil the water and milk; and add orange & Kesari color powder.
- Add Rava slowly. Stir continuously while adding Rava to avoid lumps.
- Cook Rava for 2 minutes then add the sugar slowly, just the way you added the rava, so it blends in well. Cook for a minute and then add ghee. Cook for 5 minutes till the ghee comes out of the rava.
- Again add the remaining ghee, heat a little, add cardamom, cashews, raisins fry till nice golden brown and add to the rava. Keep stirring once again till the Kesari thickens
- Pour the ghee generously, and stir well. Do not let it stick to the bottom.
- The ghee starts oozing out on the sides. That’s the perfect time to turn off the flame.
Source: Sadhana’s Kitchen