4 ripe bananas
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter (unsalted)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups of flour (all purpose)
Small handful of walnuts, chopped.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line muffin pan with muffin paper cups
- Mash bananas well
- Chop the walnuts and reserve 1 tbsp for sprinking on top.
- Add sugar and melted butter
- Mix the dry ingredients really well or sift and then add to banana mixture [ Mixing dry ingredients is important. Otherwise you will be biting into lumps of uncooked baking powder – not a pleasant taste!]
- Add the chopped nuts.
- Mix just enough to bring everything together
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 to the top
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 20 minutes or till the muffins are golden brown.
- This makes 12 large muffins.
Can place 6 muffins at a time and Microwave until no longer doughy in center and fully cooked through (about 2-3 minutes but this varies according to the oven being used)