Prep Time: Under 30 min
Cook Time: Under 15 min
Yield: Around 22-24 cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoon white sugar (for dusting)
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom powder (or more if you like cardamom)
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C.
- Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla. (hand mixing gives better texture)
- In a separate bowl blend in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Now add the dry into wet ingredients and blend well.
- Mix cinnamon, cardamom along with sugar and spread it on a plate.
- Shape the dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls and roll those balls in the sugar mixture until well coated on all sides.
- Now place the balls in the greased baking plates. Make sure to place the balls atleast 2 inches apart as they spread while baking.
- Bake for 5-8 min depending upon your oven. The time to remove would be when cookies have spread out and cracked surface and very slightly browned on the top but might look still soft in edges. Its fine since they will harden up while cooling.Otherwise they might turn out too hard.
- Remove them from the oven and let them sit for few seconds and then take out the cookies from the pan