The Vegetable Pulao is a one dish meal and very easy to make. This recipe serves 4.
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 3 tbsp Ghee / Oil
- 2 cups chopped vegetables (Carrots, Beans, Potatoes, Cauliflower)
- 1/2 cup Peas
- 2 tbsp Cashews
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- 2 tsp Salt (Adjust to Taste)
- 1 /2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
Grind to Paste:
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 3 Green chillies
- 2″ Cinnamon stick
- 3 Cloves
- 1/4 cup Mint leaves
- 3 Cardamoms
- Soak the rice for 30 min.
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee is a pan, fry the cashews and raisins and keep them aside.
- Heat the remaining ghee/oil in a Thick bottomed vessel / Cooker and add the bay leaf and cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds start crackling, add the ground paste and fry it till the oil separates from it.
- Now add the vegetables and turmeric powder and mix everything well.
- Drain the rice and add it along with four cups of water and salt. Stir well and simmer the stove.
- Cover and cook until the rice is done. Stir once a while.
- Just before serving take the rice in a serving bowl, add the fried cashews and nuts and mix well.
- Serve vegetable pulao hot with raita.
- The ground paste can be made in advance and kept refrigerated for a week or frozen for a month so that we can make the pulao instantly.
- Chanting the names of Madhavan while preparation will bring immense benefits.