Cluster beans , beans, sheet beans, plantain, plantain flower, chow chow are prepared in this method.
- Bengalgram dhal (kadala paruppu) – 1/4 cup
- Thur dhar (thuvaram paruppu) – 1/3 cup
- Red chillies – 4 or 5
- vegetable – beans varieties (200 gms), plantain / plantain flower / chow chow – 1
- mustard seeds
- oil – 1 tbsp
- asafoetida a pinch
- salt to taste
- turmeric powder a pinch
- chop the vegetables, wash and cook well with salt and turmeric powder. Drain out the water.
- Soak both the dhals in water for 1 or 2 hrs . Then grind well soaked dhals with chillies, salt and asafoetida without adding water to a smooth paste.
- Steam the grounded dal in greased idly pan or steamer. When dal is cooked, allow it to cool and crumble the dal with your hands. Then heat oil, let mustard seeds crackle then add crumbled dhal and fry for few minutes. Then add cooked vegetable and mix well and fry for few more minutes and remove from fire.
- Heat oil in a pan and let mustard seeds to crackle. Then add dhal paste and roast until the colour changes into brownish yellow. Then add the vegetables mix well and fry for few more minutes and then remove from the fire.