Rukmini Kalyanam harikatha by Shri Neelanjan Dev Bharadwaj at Kumaran Kundram, Chrompet took place on the 5 may 2012 evening 6.30 pm.
Neelanjan Dev Bharadwaj is the great Grandson of Maha-mahopadhyaya Vaikuntavasi Sri U Ve Vedantachariar (erstwhile principal of The Thiruvaiyaru Sanskrit College and eminent Sri Vaishnavite Scholar), son and disciple of (Late) Sri U.Ve.D.Srinivasan. He has been trained in the art of Kathakalakshepam and has been performing since 2009.
Born to Sri D Srinivasan and Smt Sathya Srinivasan on Nov 26 1983, in Calcutta, Neelanjan comes from a family which has been doing innumerable Kaimkaryams to Emperuman for many generations. His great grandfather Maha-Mahopadhyaya Vaikuntavasi Sri U Ve Vedantachariar was the principal of the renowned Thiruvaiyaru Sanskrit College and Guru to many of India’s respected seers – Kanchi Maha Periyava, Thirukkudanthai Andavan to name a few. His great-uncle Sri Gokulam Thathachariar Swamy was a Swayamachariar himself who has initiated a lot of people into the path of Srivaishnavism. His father Sri D Srinivasan was well versed in the scriptures and an authority in the Nalayira Divya Prabhandam.
Neelanjan has had the fortune of having his initiation under H H Sri Ranga Ramanuja Maha Desikan (Srimushnam Andavan). He is also a disciple of H H Sri Sri Ravishankar of the Art of Living Foundation and is engaged in their Service Projects. He is the disciple of renowned Vaishnavite Vidwan Sri Nagai Viraraghavachariar.
B.E (Mechanical Engg) Medallist; M.S (Supply Chain Management),
Neelanjan had his Arangetram in May 2009 performing a Kathakalakshepam on “Srimad Bhagawathathil Sharanagati” at the Sri Lakshminarayana Swamy Temple, Agraharam, Konerirajapuram.
Neelanjan is also actively involved as the convener of the annual Kathamrutham Festival, a platform to showcase the precise relevance of age old knowledge of our Sanatana dharma in today’s life.
List of Performances
- Bhagawathathil Sharanagati – May’09 – Sri Lakshminarayana Swamy Temple, Agraharam, Konerirajapuram, Tanjore.
- Bhagawathathil Sharanagati – July’09 – Sri Raveendran’s Residence- Chennai
- Sundara Kaandam – July’10 – Sri Vijaya Vinayagar Sathsangam, Hosur
- Indraya Vaazhkayil Sundara Kaandam – Dec’10 -Sri Subha Siddhi Vinayagar Temple, Mayur Vihar Phase 1 Pocket 4, New Delhi
- Bala Krishna Leela – Dec’10 – Sri Bala Venugopalakrishna Swamy Temple, Alaknanda, New Delhi
- Ganga Avataaram –Dec’10 – Residence of Sri. Srinivasamurthy – Indirapuram, Ghaziabad, UP
- Bala Krishna Leela – Dec’10 – Sri Uttara Guruvayurappan Temple , Mayur Vihar, New Delhi
- Indraya Vaazhkayil Sundara Kaandam – Dec’10 – Akhanda Nama Sankeerthana mela, Kadayanallur
- Ganga Avataaram – Jan’11 – Sri Vijaya Vinayagar Sathsangam, Hosur
- Rukmini Parinayam – Sri Lakshminarayana Swamy Temple, Agragaram, Konerirajapuram
- 11. Ambarisha Upakhyanam – Shatamanam (Centenary) of Sri U Ve S V K Swamin, Rukmini hall, West Mambalam, Chennai
- 12. Sundara Kaandam – Dec’11 – Srimad Andavan Ashramam, Vaikunthanathaswamy Temple, Ber Serai, New Delhi
- 13. Krishna Leela – Dec’11 – Sri Subha Siddhi Vinayagar Temple trust, Mayur Vihar, New Delhi
- 14. Rukmini Parinayam – Dec’11 – Vedic Culture Centre, Sri Ram Mandir, Lodhi Road, New Delhi