Sri RanganAtha padhukA sahasra shlOkams composed by Swami Desikan are all very powerful.
They have tremendous mantra siddhi and kaarya siddhi. Those from the chitra paddhathis (the 7 Yanthrams picked for the seven days) are very auspicious for worship by the ladies in this context.
Rice flour is the best for drawing the kolam .It can also be drawn on white cloth with colored dye (yellow) or drawn on copper or silver /gold plates. The aksharams can be invoked thru the japam, if you are drawing with rice flour. For yanthrams in copper plate, aksharams can be drawn and preserved for continuous use.
If you use rice flour the visarjanam (removal) can be done with the prayer
“SRI RANGANAATHA PAADHUKEE: GACCHA SRI RANGANAATHA PAADHAM YATHA SUKHAM”
The yanthram itself is the Aaradhya moorthy. Additional deities need not be invoked or placed on yanthrams. Please use them. Please draw these kolams in your pooja gruhams, recite the shlokams of the day and after that gently remove by hand, the yan- thram after prostrating before it. Swamy Deshikan’s limitless skill as a poet is revealed in the creation of these slOkams in the yanthram (sabdha chithrams) in Sri RanganAtha PaadhukA ahasram (1000 shlOkams composed in less than three hours) in chithra padhathi section of the Sahasram.
Paadukha Yanthram for Sunday can be found at: http://anudinam.org/2012/03/23/paadukha-yanthram-for-sunday/
Paadukha Yanthram for Monday can be found at: http://anudinam.org/2012/03/28/paadukha-yanthram-for-monday/
Paadukha Yanthram for Tuesday can be found at: http://anudinam.org/2012/04/26/paadukha-yanthram-for-tuesday/
Paadukha Yanthram for Wednesday can be found at: http://anudinam.org/2012/05/11/paadukha-yanthram-for-wednesday/
Paadukha Yanthram for Thursday can be found at: http://anudinam.org/2012/05/11/paadukha-yanthram-for-thursday/
Paadukha Yanthram for Friday can be found at: http://anudinam.org/2012/05/18/paadukha-yanthram-for-friday/
krupArUpA japAlApA svApA mApAnnrupADhipA
பாபாகூபார பாளீபா த்ரிபாதீ பாத பாதபா
க்ருபாரூபா ஜபாலாபா ஸ்வாபா மா அபாத் ந்ருபாதிபா
பொருள் – பாவங்கள் என்பவை வரிசையான ஸமுத்திரங்களாக நின்றாலும் அவற்றைப் பருக வல்லவள்; தயை வடிவமாக உள்ளவள்; அஷ்டாக்ஷரம் போன்ற மந்த்ரங்களின் ஜபம் போல் தூய்மை ஏற்படுத்தவல்லவள்; எளிதாக அடையக்கூடியவள்; அரசர்களுக்கு சக்ரவர்த்தினியாக நிற்பவள் – நித்யவிபூதியில் உள்ள ஸ்ரீரங்கநாதனின் பாதுகையானவள் என்னை அவன் பக்கம் சேர்த்துக் காப்பாற்றினாள்.
Meaning: The Paaduka of the Lord of Paramapada is capable of swallow- ing (and extirpating) the rows of oceans of sins that we have accumulated. It is an embodiment of supreme mercy. The singing of Paaduka’s great- ness is as potent a purifier of a self as chanting of mantras (like Ashtak- shara). Notwithstanding all this, it is readily accessible and easily worship- pable. It is like the Queen over all kings, so coronated duly. I resorted to it and it saved me effectively.
Special Note by V. Sadagopan:
This slOkam is set in SakarNika shOdasa dhaLa Padhmam form of sab- dha chithram with 16 lotus petals. Sixteen of the 32 aksharAs of this slO- kam are represented in the wedges formed by the petals and the central circle. The akshara “Paa” appears 16 times in this verse and is given the central place inside the heart circle. The space occupied by “Paa” at the epi-center is known as KarNikai.
1) UtthamUr Swamy’s anubhavam: Swamy Desikan says that the Lord’s Paadhukais protect His lotus feet and drink up all the sins of their devo- tees. They are easy to access and to meditate upon. They are superior to the kings of the land in glories. Those PaadhukAs have protected me.
2) SrImath Andavan’s anubhavam: adiyEn has no fear anymore about Sam- sAram since the Lord’s most merciful Paadhukais have banished all of my sins in a trice and have made themselves easily accessible to me and puri- fied me. Through my repeated utterance of the dhivya nAmam, “Sri Ran- ganAtha PaadhukA, Sri RanganAtha PaadhukA”, the glorious PaadhukAs of the Lord reveal their inestimable power, soulabhyam and DayA; they kindle the fire of the Lord as MokshOpAyam and have given themselves as the objects of worship for me to protect me from samsAric fears.
3) Additional notes by V. Sadagopan: The Paadhukais drink away the waves and waves of my sins resembling the great ocean (Paapa akUpAra paaLi paa). They are the embodiments of DayA (KrupA RoopA). They pu- rify us like the mantrams like AshtAksharam (Japa aalapA). They are easily accessible (svaapA). They are like the Lord’s sTAnam with its three divi- sions (NrupAdhipA thripAdhi). Those glorious PaadhukAs adorning the Lord’s sacred feet have protected me (Paadha PaadhapA maa apaath).
Chitra Paddathi – Padhuka Bhandham
tArasphAratarasvara rasabhararA saa padhAvanee sArA
dheerasvaira charasTira RaghupuravAsarathi rAmasavA
To read the figure
Start at the top and follow the directions below ta ra(center)
Ra (center) (right foot) bottom->top sa bha ra(center)
(right foot) top rA ->(small toe) sA
(right foot toes) left->right pa dhA va nee ->(small toe) sA (right foot) top rA
Ra (center) (left foot) bottom->top ghu pu ra (center)
(left foot) top va ->(small toe) sa
(left foot toes) left->right ra thi rA ma ->small toe sa (left foot)
As a valiant person, a free and independently—acting hero , who relishes a firm stay in AyOdhyA, SrI Raamaa walks along wearing the PaadhukA , which produces a high pitch melody all around, thereby spreading all around happiness.
Special Notes by V. Sadagopan:
The 949th slOkam contains a new type of chakra bhandham in the shape of the PaadhukA. Swami Desikan excels again through his creative genius in creating this new PaadhukA Bhandham. This Bhandham has an outer square and a circle inside. Inside that circle are 8 petals (KarNikais) of a lotus housing a circle inside that area and inside that inner circle are the 2 SrI RanganAtha Paadhukais with aksharams of the slOkam. In the 10 fin- gers of the 2 legs are the 10 aksharams of the slOkam, “Sarathi Raama PadhAvani Saa” are inscribed.
1) UtthamUr Swami’s anubhavam: The PaadhukAs have taken refuge in Raamachandra of firm intellect, independence and with fondness to reside in AyOdhyA. When the PaadhukAs travel with Raamachandra, they gener- ate a loud and majestic Naadham, which enhances the joy of all listeners.
2) Srimath Andavan’s anubhavam: In this slOkam, Swami Desikan won- ders about the Paadhukais with soulabhya and souseelya guNams taking their Lord with them, wherever they travel. Those Paadhukais have under their control the great hero and SarvEswaran, who is very fond of the citi- zens of AyOdhyA. Those Padhukais generate a majestic nAdham during their sanchAra Kaalam and intimates to their anticipating aasrithAs about their arrival and generates visEsha preethi and hope in them.
3) This Aryaa vruttha slOkam salutes the Lord of Paadhukais 1st as the One, who is very fond of the citizens of AyOdhyA (RaghupuravAsa rathy Raama). He is of firm resolve (dheera:) and the Master (SarvEswaran) of all sentients and insentients (Svaira charsTira) as well as having the free- dom to travel anywhere (svairachara sTira: ). When those Paadhukais of the Lord travel carrying their Lord on its back, they generate a unique and majestic nAdham linked to carrying the Lord, who is under their influence (Raama Sava padhAvani tAra sphAratara svara rasa bara raa Saa).
Santha: SrinigamAnthaArya sambhavithasuvrutthaya : I
sahanthAm saahasam teevram suhruthbhAvEna maamakam II
SrimathE NigamAntha MahAdesikAya Nama: II
|| Sriranganaatha divya MaNi PaadhukhAbhyAm Nama: ||