For about 100 gms of Mango Ginger
Oil – 1 tbl spn
Fenu greek seeds – 6 to 7
Mustard seeds – 1 tspn
Red Chilli powder – 2 tspns
Turmeric powder – half tspn
Hing – a pinch
Lime – 2
Salt – 2 tspns
1. If you can find the traditional jars that would be great, If not then clean a glass bottle and dry it well.
2. Peel the mango ginger and slice them as shown below in the picture. Put them in the jar. Add salt in it. Mix it well using a clean dry spoon.
3. Temper Mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, hing in oil and pour it in to the mix. Add red chilli powder and turmeric. Squeeze in to 2 limes. Mix it well.
4. Keep it in a dry place closed for 3 days to allow the absorption of salt and all the spices and then transfer the jar in to the fridge once the ginger has softened.
5. Keep mixing it 2 – 3 times in a day when it is kept out with a clean, dry spoon. Once its done enjoy it with dosas, rotis, curd rice, etc.
Source : iyengarskitchen