4 roses with good quantity of fragrant red/pink petals
3-4 tbsp sugar (can increase it if need more sweet)
1 cup water
1 tsp lemon juice
- Place rose petals and sugar in a medium sized bowl.
- Crush the petals in sugar using your hand until the petals break down very well.
- Now add lemon juice and water.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Cover the bowl and leave it in refrigerator for at least 4-5 hours (for best result, leave it in refrigerator over night)
- Drain, using a strainer over a bowl.
- The concentrate is ready, mix desired quantity of water and serve it chilled with ice cubes.
You may add 1 tsp rose water (optional)
Source : Govindas Kitchen