Cinnamon – 2 piece
Cloves – 3 no
Cardamom – 3 no
- Take a ½ tin coconut milk and add ½ cup water and make a thin coconut milk. Keep aside.
- Heat a oil in a deep bottom pan & splutter the crushed spices. Add, ginger paste, and curry leaves & green chili and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the cubed vegetables & combine well and add a thin coconut milk & salt bring to boil, reduce heat; simmer and cook till vegetables are tender.
- Add thick coconut milk and cook for 5 more minutes & remove from fire. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Appam, Puttu .
- If you want to make the gravy very thick and tastier, you can add cashew paste (soak the cashews and grind and make a cashew paste) to the coconut milk .
Source: Sadhanas Kitchen
General guidelines for healthier food for both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.