- Pachai arisi – raw rice – 200gms
- Ulutham Paruppu – urud dhal – 50gms
- vendhayam – fenugreek – 10gms
- vellam – jaggery – 200gms
- Elakka podi – cardamom powder – to taste
- Ennai – oil – 1/2 kg
- Soak raw rice, urad dhal and fenugreek in water for an hour
- Grind well to form a thick smooth batter, now Add jaggery and grind again. Then add cardaom powder.
- Heat the oil in a pan and with a big spoon pour the batter in small quantities into the oil.
- The heat should maintained at optimum level, if it is overfried, itt will turn black and if removed early, the inside may not be cooked. So, patience is the watch word.
Source : Nrusimha Priya