- 200gms of raw Peanuts
- Salt to Taste
- One tbs of Oil
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- Few Curry leaves
To Roast and Grind
- One tsp of Channa dal(kadalai paruppu)
- One tsp of Coriander seeds
- Few Red chillies
- One tbs of scraped coconut
1.Wash and Soak the raw peanuts overnight.Pressure cook with salt for 25minutes.
2.Roast and powder(after it cools down) the ingredients given above.
3.Temper with mustard seeds,asafoetida,curry leaves and add the powder and mix well.
- You can add half a tsp of sugar.it balances the spice.
- You can add some more salt if required at the time of mixing.
Source: Jaya’s Recipies
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.