- Grated yellow pumpkin – 1 cup
- Milk – 2 1/2 cups
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Almonds – 6
- Cashew nuts – 6-7
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Blanch almonds and grind them with a little milk.
- Melt jaggery in 1/4 cup water, strain to remove impurities and boil for a few minutes.
- Heat ghee, fry cashew nuts and keep aside. In the same pan, sauté the grated pumpkin till the raw smell disappears.
- Boil milk till it reduces a little, then add pumpkin, ground almonds and cook well.
- Add jaggery, cardamom powder, stirring continuously and remove from flame.
- Garnish with roasted cashew nuts and serve hot or chilled.
Source : The Hindu