This is a Very easy receipe and need not worry about the sugar syrup consistency etc.
- Mixed nuts (cashew, badam and pista) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Crush the nuts slightly. ( You may not get perfect shapes if the nuts are big.) Warm them in a kadai.(DO NOT DRY ROAST).
- Grease a wooden plank and a roller pin (chapathi roller) with ghee and keep it ready.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan, add ghee and when melted, swirl it on all sides, add the sugar and saute till it caramelises to a light brown colour.
- Now, add the crushed nuts. Switch off the stove and mix it quickly.
- Transfer the mixture to the wooden plank. Flatten out to a uniform medium sized layer using the rolling pin.
- Cut into desired shapes when warm and break into pieces when cool. Store in an air-tight container.
Source : shanthisthaligai blogspot
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.