You will Need
- One cup Rawa(semolina)
- One marble sized ball of Tamarind
- One tbs Gingelly Oil
- Few Red Chillies
- Few Curry Leaves
- One tsp Mustard seeds
- One tsp Channa dhal
- 1/4tsp of Turmeric powder
- Salt to Taste
- A Generous pinch of Asafoetida
- Half a tsp of Jaggery powder
1.Roast the rawa in a pan for five minutes not until it gets brown.
2.Soak Tamarind in hot water and extract pulp three times.(it should be three cups)
3.Heat gingelly oil in a pan crackle mustard seeds,add channa dhal(kadalai paruppu) red chillies and curry leaves.
4.Add the tamarind water,salt,turmeric powder,jaggery(optional) and asafoetida and allow it to boil.
5.Pour the roasted rawa slowly and keep stirring.
6.Cover and cook for few minutes.
7.Pour on a greased plate and cut into desired shapes.
Thanks to: Uma’s kitchen
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.