You Will Need(for the Halwa)
- 3 Carrots shredded
- Same amount of sugar
- A pinch of Cardamom powder
- A pinch of Edible camphor
- A tbs of Ghee
For the Outer layer
- Half a cup wheat flour
- Half a cup Maida(plain flour)
- A pinch of salt
- Water to knead
- Oil to Knead
- Ghee to fry
- Saute the finely shredded carrot in a thick bottomed pan with a tbs of ghee.
- Cover and cook till it gets soft.Add sugar and let it boil till it thickens.
- Add cardamom powder,camphor and keep it aside to cool.
- Make the outer dough by mixing both flours with salt and water.
- Knead the dough for five minutes or until soft.(use oil if it sticks).
- Take a small portion of the dough spread it on a plastic sheet.
- Take a tbs of of carrot halwa keep it at the centre of the dough.
- Close on all sides and again roll it in to a flat bread or roti.
- Heat a pan cook the rolled roti on both sides till golden brown with ghee.
Source: Thanks to Jaya’s Recipes
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.