The ingredients included in the Angaya Podi, has its own medicinal value for example Kandathippili (Long pepper) cures cold and infection, Dry Ginger (sukku), Pepper and Cummin (Milagu Jeeragam) improves digestion, Dry Manathakkali cures soar throat and ulcer. Dry Neem flower(Vempampoo) removes all impurities from our stomach, cleanses and refreshes our digestive system.
This podi is very good for health, keeps the diseases away, protects from BP, diabetes, prostrate irregularities, purifies blood etc. if taken atleast weekly once.
- Black Pepper – 1 ½ heaped tsp
- Dry ginger (sukku) – 2 ½ “
- Dhaniya (coriander seeds) – ¼ cup
- Red chillies – ¼ cup
- Tur dhal – ¼ cup (optional)
- Gram dhal – ¼ cup (optional)
- Dried Sundaikkai vathal – ¼ cup
- Dry Manathakkali Vathal – ¼ cup
- Dry neem flowers – ¾ cup
- Cummin (Jeeragam) – 2 tsp
- Hing – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
( Can also include kandanthippili )
- Dry roast all the ingredients separately well, till they turn golden brown and leave a fine roasted aroma. (dry roast pepper till it splutters, dry roast sundakkai till black but should not be burnt)
- Grind all roasted ingredients with a pinch of asafoetida (hing) and salt to a nearly fine powder. Store in an air tight cointainer.
Mix 2-3 tsp (a/c to taste) of podi with hot rice and ghee/ gingerly oil. Serve with arisi appalam or ilai vadam or raitha. Can eat it as starter course before lunch every day.