Brahmotsavam for Lord Seetha Rama will be celebrated from 18th May 2013 to 24th May 2013 at the Pathakota Sri Seetha Ramanjaneyaswamy Devalaya, Hosur Taluk, Krishnagiri District. As part of this utsavam, the thiru Kalyanotsavam to commemorate the Prathishtapana of Lord Sri Rama, Seetha and Lakshmana will be celebrated on 20th May 2013.
The detailed schedule for the Brahmotsavam is as follows:
- 18–05-2013 Saturday:Morning Thirumanjanalankaram;Evening Sankalpa, Swastivachana, Ankurarpana, Mruthsangrahana
- 19-05-2013 Sunday: Morning Dwajarohanam; Bherithadana, Dwaradhane Kalasharadhana, Agnipratishtapana Sugandha Parimalothsavam Mohinithirukkolam
- 20-05-2013 Monday: Prakarothsavam,Paramapadanathaseva; 8:30 am Kalyanotsavam; Evening Garuda Sevai and Gajendra Moksham
- 21-05-2013 Tuesday: Hanumanthothsavam Morning Thomala seva Mantapadi seva, Chakrapongal Seva Dooli Utsavam Evening Dolothsavam Aswavahanothsavam
- 22-05-2013 Wednesday: Morning Simhavahanothsavam,Seshavahanothsavam, Sapthavaranothsavam, Prakarothsavam Evening Gajavahanothsavam
- 23-05-2013 Thursday:Morning Vasanthothsavam Poolangiseva, Prakarothsavam, Sri Rama Pattabhishekam, Evening Prabandha, Sathumurai, Pushpayagam,Dwajavarohanam, Shayanothsavam
- 24-05-2013 Friday: Morning Suprabhatha, Vishwarupaseva, Mahamajjanam
Meanwhile, construction of the Vimanagopuram for the Lord is currently under progress. Devotees may make contributions for the same in the form of cheques/DDs drawn in favour of ‘Pathakota Sri Seetha Ramanjaneyaswamy Devalaya Seva Trust’ payable at Bangalore. The following are the related details…
About the temple: This ancient temple is a 350 year Abhimana sthalam on the banks of the sacred river Dakshina Pinakini aka South Pennar aka Thenpennai in Tamil (glorified by Swami Deshikan in Dhehalisha sthuthi) amidst the lush green groves & fields of Pathakota, a small village in Hosur Taluk , Krishnagiri District, Tamil Nadu. (60 kms from Bangalore along the NH 7 towards Krishnagiri & 3 kms interior from Kaman Doddi stop).
Courtesy: Sri N R Srinath