Perumals of 23 temples in and around the town were taken in a procession on Garuda Vahanam as part of the 23 Garudasevai held in Thanjavur today, 31st of May 2013 between 7 AM to 11 AM.
Beautifully decorated Perumals on Garuda Vahana were led by Thirumangaiyalvar on Hamsa Vahanam. Starting from Vennar banks, Perumals were taken in procession on east, south, west, and north main roads.
The procession commenced with Neelamega Perumal along with His consort followed by the remaining 22 Perumals on Garuda Vahanam. The following is the list of Perumals part of the Garuda Sevai today…
- Sri Lakshmi Sametha Neelamega Perumal
- Sri Veera Narasimha Perumal
- Sri Manikunna Perumal
- Sri Velur Varadaraja Perumal
- Sri Kalyana Venkatesa Perumal
- Sri Yadava Kannan
- Sri Yoga Narasimha Perumal
- Sri Kothandaramar
- Sri Varadaraja Perumal
- Sri Kaliyuga Venkatesa Perumal
- Sri Ramaswamy Perumal
- Sri Janardhana Perumal
- Sri Prasanna Venkatesa Perumal
- Sri Govindaraja Perumal
- Sri Ranganatha Perumal
- Sri Vijayarama Perumal
- Sri Navaneetha Krishnan
- Sri Booloka Krishnan
- Sri Manambuchavadi Navaneetha Krishnaswamy
- Sri Manambuchavadi Prasanna Venkatesa Perumal
- Sri Kothandaramasamy Perumal of Palli Agraharam
- Sri Lakshmi Narayana Perumal of Sunkanthidal
- Sri Venkatesa Perumal of Karanthai
Thousands of people witnessed Garudasevai in the four main streets of Thanjavur. Bhajans and dance by devotees formed part of the festival. Pandals were put at various places on South Main Street to receive the Perumals and offer pujas. Prasadams were distributed to devotees. Buttermilk was supplied at various places.
Navaneetha sevai will be held tomorrow.
Some of the photos taken during the event can be viewed below: (Click on the First image to view it as a slide show)
For pathrigai and previous years’ utsavam coverage, please visit http://anudinam.org/2013/05/14/23-garuda-mahotsavam-at-thanjavur/