As a token of gratitude and celebration for Dr N.S.RAmAnuja ThAthAchArya swAmi (NSR Swami) having been awarded the Chevalier title, Swami’s sishya Sri.N.S.Jagannathan has collected Swami’s articles in Tamil written over various occasions over several decades and published as a single souvenir. This book has 28 scintillating marvels in the form of Swami’s nectarine outpourings including swami’s research on various topics including – Vedantha, Acharya GunAnubhavam (especially Swami’s anubhavam with Srimad Thirukkudanthai Andavan and Srimad Srimushnam Andavan), Siddhantham, AnushthAnam (especially a recent article comparing olden days and present day practicalities), esoteric truths and Azhwar’s Anubhavams with relevent pramanams from Shruti, Smritis, Purvacharya Srisuktis. Especially the article “DharmabhuthajnAnam-Some Questions and Answers” would be a literal feast to bhagawathas who have underwent Srimad Rahasyatraya sAram and sribhashya kalakshepams.
This souvenir also has a detailed account of NSR Swami’s Divya Charitram with thaniyan and meanings, which would serve as an inspiration to all and would make us proud that we too get to live in this century with Sri NSR Swami.
The book is moderately priced at Rs 100 and would be a valuable treasure for all time.
People interested in getting a copy of this treasure can contact:
- Sri N.S.Jagannathan @ 8/13, Ganapathy Mudali Street, Triplicane, Chennai-600005 or at 044-28444271
- Sri Achutharaman @ email@example.com or at +91-9341270559, Bangalore
- Sri Sudarsana Prasad @ firstname.lastname@example.org or at +91-9731633664, Bangalore/Chennai
About Sri NSR Swami:
“MahamahopAdyAyA” “ChatusshAstra mahAvidvAn” “Chevalier” Dr N.S.RAmAnuja ThAthAchArya swAmi needs no introduction. Swami’s name and fame are vishvavikhyAtam, but they are no match to SwAmi’s jnAnam, anushtAnam and atma gunams. It would be beyond comprehension of minds, forget description by words. Swami’s lifesketch and contribution to the fields of shAstras and sampradAyam would serve as an inspiration to all.
Following sthAlipulAka nyayam, just a few incidents/achievements from Swami’s divya charitram would convey Swami’s greatness:
- Swami did the kalakshepams of all sampradAya granthams under Sri.Nrisimha tAtayArya mahadeshikan (famously known as PerumAl koil Swami), Sri.U.Ve.Ayya DevanAthAchArya Swami of Navalpakkam, his own father Sri U.Ve.Krishna ThAthAchArya and other eminent scholars.
- NSR Swami is a master in all 4 major shAstras – tarka, vyAkarana, mImAmsa and vedAnta. Swami has qualified the nyAya siromani with Gold medal in 1948. VyAkarana siromani in 1952, vedAnta Siromani in 1954 and mImAmsa siromani in 1964, all in first class
- NSR Swami qualified the Tamil Vidwan and Hindi Vidwan by passing the exams in 1955 and 1950 respectively.
- NSR Swami obtained the Doctorate (vidya varidhi) from Kasi SampUrnAnandA samskrita university in 1973.
- NSR Swami is one of rarest scholar par excellence who has the rare cpaacity of writing masterpieces in all these four subjects together. Even including earlier century, there are only 4 or 5 scholars who had this rare talent.
- NSR Swami is also one of the rarest sanskrit scholar to have written commentaries on various works of three philosophies – Dwaita, Advaita and VisistAdvaita
Amongst many lifetime achievements of Swami, the following deserves to be specially mentioned:
- More than 60 valuable research articles
- More than 10 republished books
- More than a dozen publications from palmleaf manuscripts
- More than ten commendable commentaries to terse books of sastras
- Four research monographs apart from all the above
- More than 100 hundred students who have later become great scholars
- About 30 students who have received PhD degree under his guidance
- Hindreds of Vidwat Sadas where he was honoured with highest esteem.
There are several titles (innumerable literally) bestowed on NSR Swami. But the eminent 12 are as below:
- 1970 – Title “Tarka Vachaspati” honoured by Sri Raghavendra Mutt Mantralayam
- 1986 – President of India Certificate of Honors for Sanskrit Scholars
- 1991 – Title “Desika Darshana Choodamani” honoured by Sri Poundareekapuram Andavan Ashramam, Srirangam
- 1992 – Title “Pandita Ratnam” honoured by Sri Parakala Matham, Mysore
- 1994 – First Recipient of prestigeous Shreevani Alankaran from Dalmia Trust
- 1996 – Title “MahamahopAdyAya” honoured by Rashtriya Samskrita Vidyapeet, Tirupati
- 2000 – Title “Vachaspati” by K.K.Birla Foundation
- 2001 – Title “Shastra Nidhi” by Pejawar Mutt, Udupi
- 2004 – Title “Sarvatantra Vachaspati” by Srirangam Srimad Andavan
- 2006 – Title “Darsana Kalanidhi” by Sanskrit College, Mylapore
- 2008 – Title “Naanaa Saastra Dyumani” by Sri Ahobila Matham
- 2012 – French Government adorns Swami with the Prestigious Chevalier Award – for Swamis work “Pratyaksha-tattwa-cintamani vimarsha”, a master piece work and lucid commentary on Shabda bodha mimamsa.
The video of Srimad Andavan speaking on Dr NSR Swami and Dr NSR Swami’s contribution to shastram and sampradayam as “unparallelled” and “na bhavishyati” can be seen in the following video…
The tribute of TN Governor and TTD to Dr NSR Swami can be seen in the following video…
For coverage of news related to NSR Swami in anudinam, please visit http://anudinam.org/?s=NSR+swami