Methi Theplas is a very good type of Indian bread which keeps good for a week and especially a healthy travel food. It is very easy to cook and nice to eat. This theplas are very good for Diabetic patients.
- Wheat Flour 1 cup
- Crushed Green Chillies 2 no.
- Chopped freshly fenugreek leaves ½ cup
- Red chili powder 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder 1/4tsp.
- Ginger paste 1 tsp.
- Ajwain ½ tsp.
- Jeera powder 1/2 tsp.
- Hing 2 pinches
- Ghee 1 tsp
- Curd 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Oil as needed
Remove the fenugreek leaves from the stem and wash thoroughly. Chop the leaves coarsely.
Take a wide plate or vessel, put wheat flour.
Mix all the ingredients and fenugreek leaves in it.
Add a teaspoon of oil and knead it. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
Then make even size small balls of the dough. Roll out into disc shape of 5” diameter.
Heat the griddle (tawa) on a medium flame. When hot, pour some ghee or oil and roast the Rotis on both sides ,till they are well-cooked.
Keep adding ghee/oil at regular intervals till the Methi Roti is golden brown in color.
Serve them hot with chutney or curd.
Thansk to Sadanas kitchen
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.