- Tamarind – 1 small lemon size
- Bitter guard / pavakkai – 100 gms
- Urud dhal – 2 tbsp
- Black Pepper – 1/2 tbsp
- Redchillies – 4
- Asefodetia – a pinch
- Mustard Seeds
- Curry leaves
- Boil the chopped pieces of Bitter guard with little tamarind water and a pinch of salt.
- Now fry urud dhal, redchillies, black pepper and grind it into a paste.
- Take thick juice from (soaked) tamarind and add the grinded paste to it along with salt and curry leaves. Now boil it for few minutes.
- Later add boiled bitter guard to it and boil for few more minutes.
- If it is sambar is somewhat watery then add riceflour mix with little water to it.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.