You will Need
- Two Lemon(kadarangai)
- One tsp Mustard Seeds
- Four tbs of Gingelly Oil
- One tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 12-15 Red Chillies
- 1/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder
- 1/8 tsp of Asafoetida
- Wash and wipe the fruit dry with a cloth or a kitchen towel.chop them in to small pieces.Remove the seeds while chopping them.
- Add salt to the chopped lemon and mix it well.leave it for a day with salt.This is to make it soft because this type of lemon has very thick skin.While it is soaking mix it well two or three times with a dry spoon so that salt spreads uniformly.
- Dry roast red chillies and fenugreek seeds with asafoetida.Cool and powder it.Add turmeric powder to this and spread it on top of the chopped lemon(next day after it is soaked)
- Heat gingelly oil in a small pan crackle mustard seeds and pour on top of the spread chilli powder.
- Mix well after it cools down and store in dry glass bottles and always use a dry spoon.
- Use Rock Salt for all pickles
Courtesy: Jayas recipes
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.