KulaSEkharar describes the SrI-kRshNa principle as the medicine for curing all the ills of the world and for destroying all the evil forces. He asks us to drink that beneficial medicine and to get well.
With us in mind, the AzhvAr is talking to his own mind and tells it to drink the divine medicine known as SrI kRshNa. Its benefits are as follows:
- 1. VyamOha praSama aushadham : It is a medicine that removes the delusions caused by chasing material and non-spiritual things.
- 2. Muni mana: vRtti pravRtti aushadham : It is a medicine that has the power to turn the minds of the sages towards SrI kRshNa ( i.e.) , it can make them fall in love with SrI kRshNa.
- 3. Daitya Indra Arti kara aushadham : It is a medicine that can cause endless headache and panic to the chieftains of asura-s like kAlanEmi.
- 4. Tri-jagatAm sanjIvana Eka aushadham : It is a medicine essential for rejuvenating the inhabitants of all the three worlds.
- 5. BhaktA: atyanta hita aushadham : It is a medicine that performs wonders and confers benedictions to the devotees of the Lord.
- 6. Bhava bhaya pradhvamsana Eka aushadham : It is a medicine that banishes the fears of samsAra .
- 7. SrEya: prApti kara aushadham : It is a key medicine that confers auspiciousness and happiness for its partakers.
Such a divine medicine is nothing other than the SrI-kRshNa-mantram and KulaSEkharar tell his mind (and ours) it should drink the SrI-kRshNa-mantram.
Commentary by: Sri Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri Sadagopan