You will Need
- Two cups Shelled green peas
- Two green chillies
- Salt to taste
- Two cups of Wheat flour
- Half a tsp Garam masala powder
- Half a tsp Amchur powder
- One tsp Oil
- One tsp Cumin Seeds
- Take wheat flour in a wide bowl add salt and water and mix with water and make it into a soft dough.Make it a little more soft than the usual.
- Boil green peas with salt,cool and grind it into a coarse paste with green chillies.do not add much water while grinding.
- Take a thick pan heat one tsp oil crackle cumin seeds,garam masala powder and amchur powder.add the ground paste and let it become thick.
- Let it cool and roll them in to rounds.take a small portion of the wheat flour dough and roll it in to a small thick roti.place the peas stuffing in the centre and close on all sides as shown in the picture.dust with dry wheat flour and roll further.
- Roll in to a roti taking care the stuffinng does not come outside.
- Heat a thick pan and cook the roti on both sides with a little ghee on both sides!
Enjoy the Paratha with some pickles and curds!!!!It tastes best when it is hot!!!!
Courtesy: Smt Uma Shankar
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.