- Green Gram (Moong Dal): 1 cup
- Tomatoes: 2
- Ginger: one ich piece
- Coriander leaves: 2tbs
- Salt: to taste
- Turmeric powder: 1/2spoon
- Chilli powder: 1 spoon
- Garam masala powder: 1 spoon
- Jaggery: 1 spoon
- Soak the Dal for 4 hours.
- Pressure cook the Dal in the pressure cooker.
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan add jeera and then tomatoes.
- Add turmeric, chilli powder, crushed ginger and salt. Add the boiled Dal.
- Add garam masala powder and jaggery and some more salt if required.
- Garish with coriander leaves.
Courtesy: Jaya’s Recipes
General guidelines for healthier food for both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.