You will Need
- One cup Sweetcorn kernels
- One Green chilli
- Salt to taste
- One tsp Oil
- One tsp Mustard seeds
- One tbs Scraped Coconut
- One tsp Chopped Coriander
- Boil or Steam Sweetcorn for five minutes with salt.
- Heat oil in a pan crackle mustard seeds.Add green chilli and the corn.saute for a minute.
- Add Scraped coconut and garnish with coriander leaves.
You can add a dash of lime juice to improve the taste!!!
Courtesy: Smt Uma
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.