On October 18th 2013, Vijaya Varusha Aipassi Pournami day (Friday), Garuda Sevai took place at Tirumala in a grand manner. In the evening with procession of Lord Malayappa Swamy on Garuda Vahanam took place around the four mada streets. TTD has been performing Pournami Garuda Seva during every Pournami of every month since 2006. Several tens of thousands of devotees participated in the utsavam this year as it took place immediately after the Brahmotsavam.
Upcoming Utsavams At Tirumala
The following is the list of utsavams (festivals) in the month of November, 2013:
- November 3: Deepavali Asthanam
- November 7: In connection with auspicious Nagula Chavithi, the processional deity of Lord Malayappa Swamy takes a pleasure ride along the four mada streets along with His two consorts on Peddasesha Vahanam between 7pm to 9pm on that day.
- November 9 and 10: The annual celestial floral festival of Pushpayagam will be celebrated on these two days with Ankurarpanam on the first day and Pushpayagam on the second day.
- November 10: Sri Vedanta Desikar Sattumora, Tirunakshatrotsavams of Sri Poigai Azhwar and Sri Pillailokacharyalwar, Sage Atri Jayanti also observed on the same day.
- November 11: Sri Bhodattazhwar Nakshatrotsavam
- November 12: Sri Peyazhwar Nakshatrotsavam
- November 14: Sri Kaisika Dwadasi Asthanam
- November 16: Karthika Vanabhojanotsavam
- November 17: Karthika Deepotsavam
- November 19: Sri Thiruppanazhwar Nakshatrotsavam
The following are some of the photographs taken during the Garuda Sevai on Pournami day..