- One cup Wheat flour
- One cup Sugar
- One cup Water
- Half cup Ghee
- Few Almonds
- In a non stick pan heat three fourth of the ghee and the wheat flour and roast the wheat flour till nice aroma comes.It is very important otherwise the raw smell of the flour will stand out.
- In the meantime heat the water in another stove and once the wheat flour is roasted slowly add the water and keep stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar Do not worry if it lumpy it will get dissolved.Let the sugar dissolve.
- It will gather and come together and you switch off the stove and add rest of the ghee and garnish with some silvered almonds.
Courtesy: Smt Uma
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.