In the month of Thai in this Vijaya Varusham (mid-January to mid-February, 2014), the following events were organised by Atithi Sathkaram and Sri Ranga Chhaya Trust at Swami Desikan Thirumaligai, Srirangam.
- Thadeearadhanai for Vidyarthis of Veda Patasala run by Sri Muralidharan Swami. Children were given dakshinai after a sumptuous feast and a donation for the patasala.
- Vidhyarthis of Velkudi swami’s patasala were honoured with shawls and dakshinai.
- On the day of Thai Ther piping hot Bisibelahuliannam was served to pilgrims and devotees by volunteers outside Thayar sannidhi. Almost 1000 people enjoyed the prasadam prepared with care using
- Good quality ingredients.This not being enough pulihore prasadam was given.
- Several sumangalis were given 9-yard sarees and blouse pieces along with nonbu sharadu and Tirumangalya sharadu.
- 5000 Sharadus blessed at the feet of several divya desam Thayars are being given free along with Nonbu sharadus.
- Cleaning workers of SriRanganathaswami temple were honoured with dhotis for men workers and sarees for women.
All the above activities were conducted by Damal (Kooram) Seshadri Swami.
The following are some of the related photographs…
Information and photographs by Vyjayanthi and Sundararajan