Jaya Chitrai Tiruvadhirai (04.05.2014) SriRamanuja Jayanthi was celebrated at SriRangam Sri Dasavatharan Sannidhi . SriRamanujacharya is housed inside Kaliyan Sannidhi . At 7.00a.m. Divya Prabhandham anusandhanam was started (6th day of Parayanam). Aradhakar swami performed Tirumanjanam to the divyamangalamurthi of Bhaghavadh Ramanuja. Each of us owe a lot to Bhaghavadh Ramanuja and should try to obey His upadeshams as far as it is possible. Swami took avatharam at SriPerumpudhur and is known as Ramanuja, Illaya Perumal, Laksmana Muni, Bhashyakar and Udayavar. He was Mercy Personified and revealed that Moksham is within the reach of everyone irrespective of caste or creed. What is needed is complete Surrender at the feet of Sriman Narayana through the grace of an acharya. By recalling Bhaghavadh Ramanuja’s life we get purified.
On this great day let us try to spend our life on earth (as propounded by Sri Ramanujacharya) by:
1. Doing Kalakshepam of Sri Bashyam.If this is not possible
2. Study the Divya sukthis of Azhwars . If this is not possible
3. Offer grains etc for prasadams at Divya desams, offer vastrams, flower garlands, ghee or oil for lighting lamps etc., If this is not possible
4. Do Dwayanusandham and learn its meaning. If this is not possible
5. Do sevai to Sri Vaishnavas or just associate with SriVaishnavas.
The need of the hour is to realize that we are all Ramanujadasas (Ramanujadasis) and try to follow His teachings to the best of our capacity.
These are some of the photos taken during the occasion.
Writeup & Photography : Smt Vyjayanthi & Sundararajan