- Two cups Boiled Rice
- One tbs Urad Dal
- One tbs Fenugreek Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the rice,urad dal and fenugreek for 3-4hours.wash the rice and put the dal and fenugreek on top.
- First take some rice with the dal and fenugreek seeds and grind it first because the seeds might not grind if you put everything to gether.When the dal and fenugreek seeds grinds add rest of the rice and grind it in to a smooth paste.
- Let the batter be little more watery than the idli batter.allow it to ferment for eight 8 hours.
- When it rises add salt and little water if required to a pouring consistency.
- Heat a pan pour a laddle full of dough and spread it lightly so that the dosa is little thick.
- Cover and cook for two minutes in medium flame.If you prefer turn it and cook on the other side also for few seconds otherwise also it is not required.
Courtesy: Smt Uma
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.