- Kadala mavu (Bengal gram flour) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3cups
- Butter – 200gms
- Milk – enough to soak sugar
- Melt the butter and prepare ghee, that is when the butter melts and the sound subsides the ghee is ready. Do not burn the ghee.
- On another stove make a string syrup with sugar and milk. Water can also be used instead of milk.
- Once the kambi paagu that is string like syrup is formed add the kadala mavu (gram flour) and a ladle of freshly prepared ghee.
- Keep stirring and adding the ghee periodically. It is ready when bubbles form and a kind of foaming happens.
- At this stage pour it onto a greased plate and cut into squares.Offer it to Perumal and store pieces in an airtight container.
- If soft version is preferred pour as soon as bubbles start forming. About thirty normal pieces is obtained with the above ingredients.
Courtesy: Smt Vyjayanthi Rajan
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.