Today, July 5, 2014; Jaya Varusha Aani Hastham, Day 7 of the ongoing Aani Brahmotsavam was celebrated at Sri Sathyanarayana Temple, West Mambalam, Chennai. In the morning, Thiruther purppadu took place well while in the evening, Perumal and Ubhaya nachiyars adorned the Muthangi vastram and had purappadu in a Pallakku. On the previous evening, Yanai Vahana purappadu took place admidst a lot of fireworks.
On Day 1, Dwajarohanam took place well in the morning followed by purappadu on Thanga Kedayam. In the evening, Hamsa Vahana purappadu took place. On the previous day, Purappadu for Senai Mudalvar took place grandly. On Day 2 morning, purappadu took place on Surya Prabha while in the evening there was Chandra Prabha sevai. On Day 3, in the morning, Perumal had purappadu on Hanumantha vahanam while in the evening, Perumal graced the Simha Vahanam. On Day 4, Perumal gave darsanam on Sesha Vahanam in the morning and Yali Vahanam in the evening. On Day 5, Perumal had purappadu in Nachiyar Thirukolam around the area. Garuda Sevai purappadu took place in a grand manner in the evening. Perumal adorned the Lakshmi Haram on this day. Swami Desikan had ethir sevai during the purappadu. On Day 6 morning, Choornabhishekam was performed for Perumal and Ubhaya Nachiyars. Everyday, in the evening, oojal sevai takes place followed by vahana purappadu.
The 10-day utsavam will conclude on June 8, 2014. During the utsavam, Perumal will have thiruveedhi purappadu on various vahanams and alankarams. The thiruveedhis covered during the purappadu are Srinivasa (P) Street, Thambiah Street, Bhaktavatsalam Street and Arya Gowda Street.
For previous days’ utsavams, please visit
- Aani Brahmotsavam at West Mambalam Sri Sathyanarayana Temple Commences
- Aani Brahmotsavam at West Mambalam Sri Sathyanarayana Temple: Hamsa Vahana
- Aani Brahmotsavam at West Mambalam Sri Sathyanarayana Temple: Surya Prabha
- Aani Brahmotsavam at West Mambalam Sri Sathyanarayana Temple: Day 3
- Aani Brahmotsavam at West Mambalam Sri Sathyanarayana Temple: Day 4&5
- West Mambalam Sri Sathyanarayana Temple Aani Brahmotsavam: Garuda Sevai & Choornabhishekam
The following are some of the photographs taken earlier today morning and during the Garuda Sevai last evening…