You will Need
- Half cup Rawa
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 11/2 cups Water
- 1/3 cup chopped Pineapple
- Few drops of Pineapple Essence
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- Few Cashewnuts
- Few Raisins
- Pinch of Cardamom powder
- Half pinch of Edible camphor
- Heat a tbs of ghee in a thick pan fry the broken cashew nuts till light brown add the raisins and fry,remove in a plate and keep it aside.
- In the same pan heat another tbs of ghee and fry the rawa for few minutes just before it starts changing colour remove t in a plate and keep it aside.
- While frying the rawa in another vessel heat one and half cups of water add a half tsp of yellow colour and the pineapple pieces to that and keep it ready.(reserve some pieces for garnishing)
- Add this liquid to the roasted rawa slowly.Keep stirring in one hand and add add the liquid slowly.
- Cover and cook for two to three minutes then add the sugar.
- Once you add the sugar it will become little watery.let it become thick to halwa consistency.
- Add pineapple essence,cardamom powder and edible camphor.
- Add the fried casewnuts and raisins and rest of the ghee and switch off the stove.
- Mix well and enjoy the fruity flavoured kesari.
- Roast the rawa in ghee so that it gives a better texture.Roasting in important otherwise the sweet will become gooey.
- As time goes it will thicken.You can fill it in small moulds and place it in a plate.
- If you like only the pineapple flavour you can avoid cardamom powder and camphor.
Courtesy: Smt Uma
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.