- Wheat flour-1.5 cups
- Maida-1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Water to knead the dough.
- A little oil
- Mix wheat flour, maida & salt.
- Adding water slowly, knead a soft dough.
- After kneading it using water, apply a little oil on both the hands & then apply it on the dough.
- Keep the dough aside for 15 minutes.
- Invert a tawa & heat it.
- Make small balls using the dough & roll them keeping the edges thin.
- On high flame, place it on the inverted tawa.
- It will come off very quickly.
- Cook it well from both the sides.
- When cooked, take it down from the tawa.
- Roomali roti is ready to serve.
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.