Wheat bran is a dietary fiber beneficial to the body by aiding in digestion, as well as lowering the risk for diabetes and aiding in weight loss
• Wheat bran – 1 cup
• Cauliflower or Brocolli- ½ cup grated
• Spinach- ½ cup finely chopped
• Carrot- 1, grated
• Potato-1, boiled, peeled and grated-3/4 cup (I used chick pea flour ¾ cup in place of potato)
• Green Chilli- 1, chopped
• Green Coriander- chopped, 2 tbsp
• Salt- ¼ tsp.
• Black pepper powder-1/2 tsp
• Chat masala- ½ tsp
• Lemon juice- 1 tsp
• Elaichi (green cardamom) powder- ½ tsp
• Curd- 2 tbsp
• Oil- 2-3 tsp to brush the pan
1. Mix together wheat bran with all dry ingredients.
2. Add enough curd to bind the mixture into a round cutlet shape.
3. Heat a nonstick frying pan, brush with a little oil and brown the cutlet on both sides on medium heat.
4. Flatten the cutlet a bit while shallow frying, to cook the center of the cutlet.
5. Remove when slightly browned on both the sides.
6. Serve to the Lord and distribute the Prasad.
Courtesy : ISKCON Desire Tree
General guidelines for healthier food for both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.